Useful Links

Board index Share your Game

Share the game you are designing here and dev logs here. Get feedback from Superboss devs and community
Agent
Agent
[Stats]

Afterdeath

Postby 10011 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:35 pm

Afterdeath is a platformer made by Nonadecimal Creative that gives you full control of the angle of every jump. Become Death, the reaper recently robbed of its scythe by a roguish robot. Follow the thieving automaton through six afterlifes of myth and madness to get it back.

With a compatible PC controller, you can play Afterdeath too. I keep improving the levels every time someone sends me a video or leaves feedback, so if you have a problem, let me know and I'll fix it.

The current build has:
  • 4 worlds: Greek afterlife, Norse afterlife, Aztec-themed maze, and candy afterlife
  • 50 levels
  • 15 music tracks
  • an unlocked unlockable character, the All-Seeing Eye, who can only move by bouncing off ground/walls/ceiling
  • several hidden collectible souls of historic figures who have escaped from Death's collection

What was that about jump angles?

Afterdeath gives you complete control over every jump using the controller thumbstick. Changing your jump angle will alter the height and distance of your jump, giving you fine control over how you move through the level. This allows you to play the game relying solely on reflexes and rapid angle changes as you normally might play a platformer, while also offering the freedom to approach levels as a puzzle of angles to be solved with foresight. It goes a little something like this:

Or just see for yourself:

Last edited by 10011 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Indie dev behind Afterdeath + SJW + BIKE GAME // @Nonadecimal

Agent
Agent
[Stats]

Re: Afterdeath

Postby 10011 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:49 pm

Archiving the old first post to make way for a new top post...

Afterdeath is a platformer made by Nonadecimal Creative that gives you full control of the angle of every jump. Become Death, the reaper recently robbed of its scythe by a roguish robot. Follow the thieving automaton through six afterlifes of myth and madness to get it back.

With a compatible PC controller, you can test Afterdeath now. We'd like to polish the game and submit it to IGF in mid-October so any feedback or videos of your playthroughs will help to improve the experience.

The current build has:
  • 20+ levels, most from the Greek underworld
  • 15 music tracks
  • prototype levels for Worlds 2-4, inspired by Norse and Aztec mythologies and a surreal afterlife for candy in the form of an absolute monarchy ruled by a king-size chocolate bar
  • an unlocked unlockable character, the All-Seeing Eye, who can only move by bouncing off ground/walls/ceiling
  • several hidden collectible souls of historic figures who have escaped from Death's collection

Here's a speed run video that shows the variable jump angles in action.

And the running of the bulls.

idubbbz
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Postby idubbbz » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:09 am

You should have a tagline or something for afterdeath. I'll try to think of some.

Agent
Agent
[Stats]

Postby 10011 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:40 am

idubbbz wrote:You should have a tagline or something for afterdeath. I'll try to think of some.

Afterdeath: The Game of World Domination

Agent
Agent
[Stats]

Postby 10011 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:21 am

idubbbz wrote:You should have a tagline or something for afterdeath. I'll try to think of some.

Afterdeath: Once you pop, you can't stop

Return to Share your Game