Useful Links

Board index General Randomness

General chat and random stuff
skyler819

Hate School

Postby skyler819 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:44 am

I hate school there is only one thing to do and that is to get smarter! I mean like i know its goodbut its bored!!!!!!!!!!! :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
I IM SKYLER RIGHT?

ZeRoyalMuffin
Agent
Agent
[Stats]

Re: Hate School

Postby ZeRoyalMuffin » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:34 am

About math, I just don't get it. imo, With todays technology we should only learn simple math like fractions, decimals, addition, subtraction, division, etc. but, noo we've gotta learn so much more than just that kind of stuff.
[/color][/color] sorry no video signatures

WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY!?

alfie275
Agent
Agent
[Stats]

Postby alfie275 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:18 pm

Math is extremely useful, especially in the field of graphical programming or other specialized fields. For example you'd get nowhere in 3D graphics programming without at least a basic understanding of matrices and vectors. Whilst it's true that the technology already exists to do the calculations for you, if you don't understand the maths how would you know what calculations need to be performed? And without understanding, it's pretty much impossible to debug when something goes wrong.

As for hating school, trust me when I say it's an investment in your future. Effort put in now will make your life much easier later.

liampieman123
Agent
Agent
[Stats]

Postby liampieman123 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:01 am

skyler819 wrote:I hate school there is only one thing to do and that is to get smarter! I mean like i know its goodbut its bored!!!!!!!!!!! :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Well, I'm sorry but I have to disagree, I managed to pick computer games dev. as a subject and I can tell you, it is the most fun I have ever had. right now we are just looking at how games work but soon we will make our own games! :lol:

TheTwelfthTardis
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Postby TheTwelfthTardis » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:56 am

Grow up. School isn't bad at all. Maybe take into consideration that you will need most of the things you learn.

Crocidolite

Postby Crocidolite » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:20 pm

You may think it's boring and a waste of time now, but give it 10 years, and you will be wishing you had done more and worked harder. I used to have the same attitude as you, but then I realized, unless I crack down and actually do good and get some good GCSEs, I'm not going anywhere in life.
Another one of those people that spends their life watching anime.
Another 10 years as a virgin, and I become a wizard.
Tiny text containing my favourites :
1. Clannad
2. Clannad : After Story
3. Air
4. Angel Beats!

Guitarman29
Agent
Agent
[Stats]

Postby Guitarman29 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:26 am

Crocidolite wrote:You may think it's boring and a waste of time now, but give it 10 years, and you will be wishing you had done more and worked harder. I used to have the same attitude as you, but then I realized, unless I crack down and actually do good and get some good GCSEs, I'm not going anywhere in life.

Well don't be so negative on yourself. I'm sure not all hope is lost and you can still do whatever you want. You just gotta be active and involved enough to do it all, and don't take anything from anyone. I am sure you will be a-ok!
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

DaBossTMR

Postby DaBossTMR » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:22 pm

Math is essential if you want to become a programmer. Not too complex, but at least a good understanding of the basic/intermediate functions. School isn't bad at all, although it's tiring and boring and could cause plenty of stress. Knowledge is power, remember that.

Oh, and everything else that you learn in school WILL benefit your future. Unless if the teachers in your school are all bad and mistreat you unfairly.
DaBossTMR,
Founder of Renegrad Studios
I'm a Darkraz3R

Zikel

Postby Zikel » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:20 pm

The problem with math in school is it's too abstract, and the fact that you spend half a semester on just finding out how to solve ONE type of graph, in MULTIPLE ways. You don't ever need to do that.

I only started doing well in math in school when I started being able to apply it to programming.

Return to General Randomness