General chat and random stuff
actionman
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Arma 3 KOTH

Postby actionman » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:21 am

Any of you Intruder Agents play Arma 3?

When I'm not trudin', the Arma 3 KOTH servers have been keeping me busy.

If you've not played it, Arma is to Battlefield what Intruder is to Counter Strike :D

Some dot points that intruder players might appreciate:
  • 14 different stances: Stand (+high/low/left/right), crouch (+high/low/left/right), prone (+high/left/right)... plus the standing/crouching stances support analogue leaning...
  • 4 movement speeds: tactical pace (gun up, ready to shoot), faster pace (gun down while moving, slightly faster than usual), slow walking (gun up, very slow and stable), or sprinting (gun down, very quick, drains a lot of stamina).
  • Stamina, carry weight, breathing systems.
  • Stabilizing your gun by leaning on fences/rocks/ledges/bipods.
  • Seeing your own body in 1st person.
  • Sniper rifles, SMGs, Assault Rifles, Man-portable rockets, pistols, grenade launchers, hand grenades -- which are all the best gun in a different situation.
  • Cool sight attachments that are switchable from long-range to CQB (e.g. a scope with a red-dot on top), ctrl+right click switches between which sight you're using.
  • On the fly adjustable FOV (I have it bound to my head-tracker, so leaning forward reduces FOV and leaning back widens it).
  • Free-look (I have this bound to a head-tracker, so I can move my gun independently of where my camera is pointing).
  • Transport helicopters, attack helicopters, APCs, trucks, tanks, AA vehicles.

Arma KOTH is a multiplayer mission where 3 teams of 25 fight for control over a city. Arma itself is very simulation focused, but the KOTH mission is pretty arcade, like a Battlefield game, and adds persistent XP/Cash leveling up system like an MMO. I'm really enjoying the combination of a super-hardcore simulation engine + player control system, combined with a Battlefield style game mode.
Here's a quick "trailer" I made for it 8-)

If any Aus/NZ people are into this, I'd love to squad-up :D

OpticalF3AR
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Re: Arma 3 KOTH

Postby OpticalF3AR » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:07 pm

I've clocked in around 300 hours on Arma 3 and never really looked into KOTH (played a bit), but damn that trailer was some hyped up awesomeness. Great work, really makes me want to hop on a server right now.
Image Check out Raven Shield and Apply Here -https://superbossgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2628ImageImage

Okangu
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Postby Okangu » Fri May 22, 2015 6:25 am

I have looked into playing KOTH before but my computer would just burn to ashes while I played it. Not to happy about that.

dongers7878
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Postby dongers7878 » Fri May 22, 2015 4:44 pm

Tried it once and was hopelessly lost. Would love to do it with a group of people some time though.
Fight me

Return to General Randomness