Useful Links

Board index Share your Game

Share the game you are designing here and dev logs here. Get feedback from Superboss devs and community
Silverfish
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Brainstorm - 24h Game jam game

Postby Silverfish » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:29 pm

In a local game jam, me and two friends teamed up to make a game in 24h, the theme was brainstorm.

In our game you are a small ship flying around inside someone's brain, it plays a bit like asteroids. Inside of this brain there are many thoughts that are represented by words (from a list of the 500 most common words used on Twitter). You fly into these words to pick them up in order to form an idea.

After you have collected 5 words, these are sent as a search query to Twitter. You get back the amount of tweets that your search result returned (as well as the top tweet, which is a nice reward since they can be quite funny), if it's over 1400 your idea is considered "very unoriginal", and if it's 0 it's considered "too original". Your goal is to get a score as close as possible to 1, but not 0 in order to get an idea that is as original as possible without being too crazy.

Here is the game: http://autious.net/bossjam2013/

It is written in HTML5, I used Blender and Gimp to make the art.

MrOtton
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Re: Brainstorm - 24h Game jam game

Postby MrOtton » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:29 pm

Silverfish wrote:In a local game jam, me and two friends teamed up to make a game in 24h, the theme was brainstorm.

In our game you are a small ship flying around inside someone's brain, it plays a bit like asteroids. Inside of this brain there are many thoughts that are represented by words (from a list of the 500 most common words used on Twitter). You fly into these words to pick them up in order to form an idea.

After you have collected 5 words, these are sent as a search query to Twitter. You get back the amount of tweets that your search result returned (as well as the top tweet, which is a nice reward since they can be quite funny), if it's over 1400 your idea is considered "very unoriginal", and if it's 0 it's considered "too original". Your goal is to get a score as close as possible to 1, but not 0 in order to get an idea that is as original as possible without being too crazy.

Here is the game: http://autious.net/bossjam2013/

It is written in HTML5, I used Blender and Gimp to make the art.

Ohh, that's a pretty cool idea! It's fun to see tweets that contain the mix of weird keywords :D It reminds me a bit of #YOLOSWAG :)

EDIT: Also nice music :)

Return to Share your Game