Useful Links

Board index Share your Game

Share the game you are designing here and dev logs here. Get feedback from Superboss devs and community
savagesammich
Agent
Agent
[Stats]

Hey! I'm in search of a programmer.

Postby savagesammich » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:49 pm

I had the idea for a fun game, but i have little experience in game making. The idea is kinda cool, but it involves Sword Art Online and Im not sure about licensing and stuff, im only 13.
_ _
\_O_/ oh well.
|

But if you would be interested in helping me out, contact me at savagesamichis@gmail.com for details on the game.

actionman
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Re: Hey! I'm in search of a programmer.

Postby actionman » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:15 am

Here's a good place to advertise hobby game projects:
http://www.gamedev.net/classifieds/cate ... -projects/
Pretty sure I've seen some other SAO games on there in the past too ;)

However...
Contact me at savagesamichis@gmail.com for details on the game.
No one is going to bother signing up to work on your game unless you convince them that it's worth their time. You can't expect people to chase after you without you giving them a reason first :D

savagesammich wrote:The idea is kinda cool, but it involves Sword Art Online and Im not sure about licensing and stuff.

It's copyright infringement to make a game based on someone else's IP (such as SAO).
You can make a fan game like this, but at any moment you might get:
a) a "cease and desist" letter from their lawyers, demanding you erase all presence of the game from the internet and stop developing it.
b) a notice that you're being sued for your infringement and that you have to now hire a lawyer and go to court -- usually this would only occur after (a), but it's still possible.
c) The owners of SAO never realize that you exist, and you get away with it.

Return to Share your Game