Useful Links

Board index Share your Game

Share the game you are designing here and dev logs here. Get feedback from Superboss devs and community
Croze
Agent
Agent
[Stats]

Idea, WIP

Postby Croze » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:28 pm

This project isn't named yet, and a friend and I just started it. Our ideas go along the lines of a multiplayer RPG, the map being a very large spherical planet. We were thinking of having users be able to have their own home planet that is fully customizable, the entire galaxy as you may call it, being very similar to Spore. It would be in between the "Space" and "Creature" stages of the game since you can be on land to fight, but be in space to travel. You could also sort of compare it to Eve online and Dust 514. Of course this is so early in development we could go a completely separate path, but so far that is what we have stuck with.

RobStorm
Developer
Developer
[Stats]

Re: Idea, WIP

Postby RobStorm » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:34 pm

Who are you working with and have any idea for what engine you might use or prototype in?

Croze
Agent
Agent
[Stats]

Postby Croze » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:03 pm

Unity, and he was an instructor at idGaming

Tankenstein
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Postby Tankenstein » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:48 pm

Have you ever made games before? A multiplayer RPG is an insanely large project, and is very very difficult to complete well with 2 people, next to impossible if one of you hasn't made games before. Just make sure your project is not impossibly hard.
Wololo >:()

Croze
Agent
Agent
[Stats]

Postby Croze » Thu May 30, 2013 6:37 pm

@Tankenstein Yes I have been programming for 2 years, this is a very large project for 2 people that's for sure but the idea is generally simple and if we get multiplayer working solidly then that's the only really big step we need to take, my partner has been falling back on his work on it though

TheTwelfthTardis
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Postby TheTwelfthTardis » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:04 am

Croze wrote:This project isn't named yet, and a friend and I just started it. Our ideas go along the lines of a multiplayer RPG, the map being a very large spherical planet. We were thinking of having users be able to have their own home planet that is fully customizable, the entire galaxy as you may call it, being very similar to Spore. It would be in between the "Space" and "Creature" stages of the game since you can be on land to fight, but be in space to travel. You could also sort of compare it to Eve online and Dust 514. Of course this is so early in development we could go a completely separate path, but so far that is what we have stuck with.

I've been looking for a game like this for FOREVER.... Please let this work out, I will be first in line for Alpha testing. :D

adwuga
Agent
Agent
[Stats]

Postby adwuga » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:14 am

I don't usually like RPG's but this would be pretty cool. Probably going to take quite a long time though.

Tankenstein
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Postby Tankenstein » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:55 pm

Just to clarify, i like the idea a lot.
Wololo >:()

Return to Share your Game