Useful Links

Board index Share your Game

Share the game you are designing here and dev logs here. Get feedback from Superboss devs and community
BROWNY
Agent
Agent
[Stats]

Quick 5 Minute Build for some basic AI

Postby BROWNY » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:48 am

Couldn't place some HTML code to make it playable here. This link takes you to where you can play it. It is hosted via Dropbox: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4690337/AI%20Detect%20%26%20Chase%20Web/AI%20Detect%20%26%20Chase%20Web.html

It is a quick build to show basic AI. When player enters certain range, 20 metres, enemy turns yellow and faces player. When player gets closer, 15 metres, it begins to chase until player is our of range.

And yes, I spell it as metres. I'm Australian.

Ratman
Agent
Agent
[Stats]

Re: Quick 5 Minute Build for some basic AI

Postby Ratman » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:55 pm

That's pretty cool man, I know it's just a simple build but some ideas for a final piece might be to make it harder to escape, instead of the escape being proximity based maybe make it based on simple eyesight, I don't know code at all but maybe try make it think, 'is there an object in front of me? No. Keep chasing/is there an object in front of me? Yes. Look around or stop chasing.' Like I said I have no idea how to code in any language so something like this might be tricky but something like that would be cool.

Other than that great for simple AI :) Good job.

SteelRaven7
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Re: Quick 5 Minute Build for some basic AI

Postby SteelRaven7 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:20 pm

I stood on his face and he elevated me to the skies. I live in the cloud now.

Return to Share your Game