Useful Links

Board index Intruder Custom Maps & Map Maker

Come here to check out new Custom Maps developed by the community or to learn how to make your own maps for Intruder!
Enemby
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

[Custom Map] Hexagoner

Postby Enemby » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:51 am

Meet Hexagoner
Last Update: December 19th 2014
Hexagoner is a tourist attraction currently involved in a power grab between two opposing corporate sides. Whoever keeps the incriminating documents on the whole company wins.
Hexagoner is an in-development, symmetrical map which rotates 360 degrees every... 12 minutes? Wow, I've got to patch that.
Since the map is rotating the entire time, items will move out of the map eventually. I'm pretty sure this is temporary, but I'm waiting on SuperBoss to patch the Map Maker so that items are spawned as children, which would fix that issue entirely.

Please leave critiques or any relevant media here.

iceman
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Re: [Custom Map] Hexagoner

Postby iceman » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:39 am

Gotta say, I really like the map! When I first saw it, I thought it would need a whole lot more cover, but the sharp bends keep the direct sight lines short while the windows keep things from getting stale. That being said, I still think something needs to be added to the main level to make sure firefights don't get boring after a lot of play; something like a crate halfway between the two teams, or a short alternate path might do the trick. I know you said you were planning on making a third level as well, so I'd think that sight lines between that and the main level would do the trick pretty well, along with a path from somewhere in the hexagon to the third level.

Like I said when we were playing, I really, really like the art style & colors, especially the carpet. My only advice there would be to fix the gaps where walls meet and to make the water/surrounding area look good.

I know you said you're going to make all of the pickups move with the level when you can, but I still want to see something somewhere that doesn't. Like the shield now, that ends up in a random spot each game =P Maybe on the third floor, if it's more circular?

Anyways, I can't wait to see what it turns out like once you're able to work on it more! Good luck!

Enemby
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Postby Enemby » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:28 pm

I'm going to remake the level in Sketchup, (original level is in Blender). While I do that, I'll try and build a new patch today, with hopes of uploading it once I get home (3 PM GMT). I've revamped the surrounding area (still WIP, though), and if all goes well, I've fixed the broken doors and extended the skylight to break the map a little less. Theoretically, (I haven't tested it) I might have made the water actually swimmable, although I'll believe that when I see it. ;)

The water capture point has been moved to be more accessible, and the next time I work on the map I will make the package reachable without doing some strange monkey business, as well as adding an actual ladder model (I have one, still need to add it, though). I really like your idea about a perfectly circular floor to control who gets an item based on how quickly they reach that. I'll try to do some testing, but I probably will add something like that (if rob supports it, ofc).

In this patch, I've slightly updated the textures and made my custom door model actually work, (maybe) but keep in mind you can't break the door window. I'll fix that pretty soon, though. When I add the next floor, the current floor (the middle floor, by the way) will become more difficult/complicated, due to the new paths players will be able to take, it will be harder to keep control of that area. Besides that, I plan to finish the bottom floor pathway, (nicknamed "the bridge", by you guys <3) which will make pushing to the other end of the map more dangerous, due to the stealthy flanking ability related to it. It's kind of useless at the moment, since the roof isn't covering your movement.

I'm thinking about adding invisible walls for keeping players out of the valley, but I'll put a pin in that until I upload the new patch and see what people think about it. :)

In the newest patch, you should be able to actually capture now! (Woooo!)

Thanks for the critique/comments Ice! Very appreciated. :D

Enemby
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Postby Enemby » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:16 am

Latest update broke the map completely. I'm working on it.

EDIT: Rob deleted the map off the game temporarily. Whenever someone can export it, it's back on (and working again).

Enemby
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Postby Enemby » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:37 am

The new version of Hexagoner (Hexagoner2) is UP on the Unity5 version of Intruder :D
Here's a sneak peak:

There's still a lot to do (the scale is weird, materials, and I'm missing quite a few walls), but it won't be long before we're back in line with the old version.

Thanks for checking it out!

Return to Custom Maps & Map Maker