Useful Links

Board index Intruder Custom Maps & Map Maker

Come here to check out new Custom Maps developed by the community or to learn how to make your own maps for Intruder!
iceman
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

[Custom Map] Security Fault

Postby iceman » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:29 am

Description
Security Fault is set around an office building in a city recently wracked by an earthquake. It features close quarter action but plenty of approaches to the briefcases, a zipline across a street, a working metal detector, and a daring ragdoll jump across an alley!

The briefcases are in the first floor security room and in the third floor executive office, while the code to the metal detector is in the second floor print room. The only capture point (for now) is by the Intruder spawn. Everything else (including the banana), you have to find for yourself ;)

Planned Features
  • Flesh out the flower building
  • Fancy capture point on the roof
  • Basement and generator!
  • Better stairs
  • Beautify everything

Release Notes

Version 7, 8, 9
  • Added fence to roof, remove gutters, put gutters back before I get mobbed
  • Added trucks and other smaller forms of cover to street and alley
  • Fixed trucks
  • Changed first floor layout to encourage funner firefights and help the guards defend it.
Version 5, 6
  • Move both spawns back
  • Added rubble to far side of fault
  • Made SeventhFrost happy
Version 2, 3, 4
  • Various forms of cover on the roof
  • Can see through sniper window while crouching
  • Added cover to several places to slow down rushes
  • Physics! (Just monitors for now)
  • Alarm no longer makes players jump off the cliff to get away from that horrible, horrible sound
Version 1
  • Security Fault released!
Last edited by iceman on Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:47 am, edited 8 times in total.

FleshyPig
Agent
Agent
[Stats]

Re: [Custom Map] Security Fault

Postby FleshyPig » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:33 am

Looks pretty cool, great idea

Rekedens
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Postby Rekedens » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:06 pm

I'll give this a try and let you know what I think!

Rekedens
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Postby Rekedens » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:18 pm

So I played it. And played some more. Great map!

iceman
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Postby iceman » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:54 pm

Thanks for the thumbs up! I just released V2, which added lots of new cover to the roof and should also slow down the first 5 seconds of the game a bit. Have fun!

ryguytheguy
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Postby ryguytheguy » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:39 am

I like this map a lot, with a bit more development I could see this as a great team tactic map.

Rekedens
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Postby Rekedens » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:47 pm

It's cool because it's a fast-paced map but you still have to think like an Intruder. You can rush, but placing sensors is still important because Intruders can still be a bit faster than you'd expect. I won a lot of rounds because I rushed at first, then became very stealthy.

I feel like it's a balanced map.

RobStorm
Developer
Developer
[Stats]

Postby RobStorm » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:37 am

I want update

ryguytheguy
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Postby ryguytheguy » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:47 am

RobStorm wrote:I want update

This map is pretty great already. After some updates it would definitely be ready for tournament play.
Some fixes you might want to consider are:
The gutters are very slippery, some doors (the metal detector door for example) swing through walls, and you might want to make the intruder windows a bit lower as there is no way to get to an intruder who is camping upstairs because the windows are just a teeny bit too high to toss a grenade or gas.
Some great things about this map that I like are:
The well balanced gameplay, the fast paced gameplay, the unique idea, the variety of cover, and the limited amount of shots you can take with the sniper.

I assume cosmetic fixes wil eventually come, but for now I do indeed like the red trucks. :D

iceman
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Postby iceman » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:25 pm

RobStorm wrote:I want update

I want Unity 5 Intruder. Trade? =P

But seriously, although I will need to wait to do more complicated updates, I do have some cover to add and change that should help the Intruders, or at least make firefights more interesting. Since it wouldn't *need* testing, I might try to find someone who can still export the maps and send them my level.

ryguytheguy wrote:This map is pretty great already. After some updates it would definitely be ready for tournament play.
Some fixes you might want to consider are:
The gutters are very slippery, some doors (the metal detector door for example) swing through walls, and you might want to make the intruder windows a bit lower as there is no way to get to an intruder who is camping upstairs because the windows are just a teeny bit too high to toss a grenade or gas.
Some great things about this map that I like are:
The well balanced gameplay, the fast paced gameplay, the unique idea, the variety of cover, and the limited amount of shots you can take with the sniper.

I assume cosmetic fixes will eventually come, but for now I do indeed like the red trucks. :D

Thanks for the feedback, ryguytheguy! I added the gutters to keep people from the edge, so that if someone was on the roof, you could hug the building to hide from them. The gutters have killed so many people, and you can actually still look at the base of the building by leaning, so that's definitely something I'll change. I was also planning on sticking more cover around the red truck, so I'll be sure to put something close enough to the sniper windows as well. As for the doors, I can't really do anything unless Rob lets us limit how far a door can open. If I had known about the issue before doing the layout, I could've put doors away from walls to prevent it, but by now I can't change the layout that much.

R3vo
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Postby R3vo » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:43 am

After playing a few rounds on version 6 the map is fun but Intruders seem to have an advantage. Maybe moving back the intruder spawn or putting a guard spawn in the building and one on the roof. No matter what you do, please keep the gutters, they provided a ton of funny moments.

ryguytheguy
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Postby ryguytheguy » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:47 am

Oh! The gutters are there for a great reason! Definitely keep them then.

iceman
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Postby iceman » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:15 am

Version 7 is up, and version 8 should be up soon! The biggest change is adding more cover to the street, which should help Intruders defend against guards rushing from the car (or at least make the resulting firefights more interesting =P). I've also added the fences along most of the roof, which should stop people on the roof being able to shoot straight down. They'll also undoubtedly save countless lives from the gutters, although there are still places you can slip. There's also a new pipe to get up on to roof or over the fence.

I've had several people mention that the Intruders have an advantage since they can rush the building and the roofs before the guards get there in time to defend. I'll be thinking on what I can about that. I have some ideas, but I want to get some more playtime in on Security Fault before I decide.

Rekedens
Advanced User
Advanced User
[Stats]

Postby Rekedens » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:28 pm

It is very hard for guards to setup a defense (sensors, etc)

TehBucket
Agent
Agent
[Stats]

Postby TehBucket » Sat May 02, 2015 12:57 am

I'm not sure why the materials on the truck were so weird but you're right it was my fault, i finally fixed it
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B25BGGNpQCRpUklZVldYRmhtdUE&authuser=0

now that there's a screenie of dat red on the front page i feel bad lol

Return to Custom Maps & Map Maker